Shopping around for the best boat at the right price is important, no matter if this is your first or tenth purchase of a fishing Kayak. We’ll show you where used kayaks for sale near me, by providing some examples. Online and in-person shopping are both options. You can try a variety of combinations until you find the right one.
Table of Contents
Fishing kayaks have a long lifespan. A fishing kayak is made of almost indestructible materials and can be rigged with many options. It can also serve multiple fishing needs. You can still get a great boat for a great price if you are willing to give up some scratches or faded colors.
Verify that all through-hull rigging has been sealed tightly and that accessories have been properly installed. To ensure smooth operation, test the pedal systems on water. You should look out for bent crank arms and loose-fitting pants. Also, watch out for grinding or skipping in your drive system. Broken or ripped seat parts can be costly to replace or repair. Examine the frame and upholstery of your seat for any defects.
Fishing kayaks can be damaged but still shine. It is normal for a fishing kayak to show signs of wear and tear, such as scratches and stains. Small dents, gouges, and holes in rotomolded plastic kayaks are easily fixed. This shouldn’t make them any less durable. Look at the price of a new kayak, then search for similar boats. Add dollars for accessories and subtract wear and tear. You should be willing to negotiate the price and not let a “good deal” get in the way of your fishing kayak.
Are you looking for a place to purchase a used fishing boat? Here are some great places to find used fishing kayaks on sale.
Kijiji – Canada’s largest classifieds app
Kijiji, is a Canadian online classified website where users can sell goods and services. It encourages diversity as well as the community. To see many local results, type “Fishing Kayak”, followed by your location. You can filter the results to find the best matches.
Kijiji is a platform that promotes new businesses and provides support to buyers and sellers through engaging tutorials. You can also compare the prices and features of different fishing kayaks by looking through advertisements in Kijiji.
International Craigslist classifieds website
Craigslist is one of the first online classified websites. Craigslist is committed to creating a community of buyers, sellers, and traders on a simple platform that’s deliberately anti-corporate. Craigslist users love the site’s clunky and confusing format. Craigslist makes it simple to upload, edit, and manage items for sale. Communication is easy because users can contact one another via email.
- Upgraded Features: Additional storage in this tandem kayak includes quick lock hatch and a tank well equipped with bungee cords. It's also equipped with molded footrests, two bottle holders and four accessory eyelets for your convenience.
- Stable: The twin-arched multi-chine hull offers excellent stability giving you a secure and steady ride. It also makes it incredibly easy to get in and out of the kayak.
- Safe: Our unique manufacturing process allows us to include additional flotation inside the hull of all of our sit-on-tops in order to meet or surpass ABYC standards. Holds a maximum capacity of 500 lb. Don't worry, the added scupper holes at the bottom of the kayak are completely safe and help drain any excess water that might get into your watercraft. Along with a flat hull type design, it ensures you peace of mind during your ride.
- Comfortable: The adjustable ERGOFIT G2seating system is specially designed with thicker ergonomic padding to provide targeted cushioning and better air flow. An additional molded middle seat provides enough room for any small child, pet, or extra gear you might want to bring with you.
- Lightweight: Our kayaks being made with exceptionally durable high molecular density polyethylene, less material is needed to produce each boat. Weighing 73 lb, this tandem kayak is lighter than our competitors which makes it easier to transport.
- Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Versatile Design Allows for Solo or Tandem Paddling
- Two Adjustable Quick Release Seat Backs for Comfort
- Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Paddlers
- One Hatch for Added Storage Beneath the Deck
- Unleash unmatched adventures with our 2 person sit-on-top kayak. Proudly made in the USA, this kayak is designed for easy paddling and supports up to 500lbs, making it a perfect choice for both beginners and seasoned kayakers.
- Experience unparalleled comfort with adjustable framed seatbacks, cushioned seat pans, and molded knee/thigh areas, ensuring a comfortable fit for all your journeys.
- Our American-made sit-on-top kayak adjusts to paddlers of all sizes with integrated footrests and offers generous storage with front and rear tank wells secured by bungee tie-downs.
- Keep essentials secure in two central hatches and enjoy efficient drainage with scupper holes for an extended paddling season (optional scupper plugs sold separately).
- Personalize your kayak experience with two solo mount recesses for additional mounts and accessories, and benefit from easy transport and secure storage with our durable, one-piece side carry handles.
Last update on 2024-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Look for listings that include the most photos and a full description when you are looking for boats on Craigslist. Craigslist makes it simple to find used kayaks throughout the country. You can compare prices and view search results for similar kayaks. Craigslist sellers and buyers have usually experienced users who are serious about the online marketplace.
Although Craigslist navigation may not be as easy as other online platforms like Google, millions of users still love Craigslist with a conscience.
Facebook Marketplace kayaking
The largest online classified marketplace has the fastest growth. Facebook Marketplace lets you search for used kayaks in your local area. You can also filter the search to find the right boats for you.
Facebook Marketplace will notify you when kayaks match your search criteria after several searches. Sellers and buyers can communicate on Facebook Messenger to instantly access the other person’s profile and reviews. Marketplace’s format and function make it easy for you to search for similar items and get in touch with the owner. Facebook, the most widely used social network in the world, is the fastest way to sell or buy a used kayak.
Facebook Groups for Shopping and Sales
You can search local and national Facebook groups to find kayaks and fishing gear. Because Groups are managed and organized by passionate enthusiasts, both the items for sale and their users are more reliable. Anyone can sell a kayak on the Marketplace. A kayak for sale there is likely to be a rigged fishing boat offered by a kayak angler.
You have a greater chance of finding the right fishing kayak for you if you shop through groups. Your fellow members’ experience will be invaluable, and they will often comment on the boat. A Facebook Group can help you connect with other anglers in your area who could be a great resource for local fishing.
Kayaks for sale Local Retailer
Your local paddle shop is a great place to buy a used kayak. Customers can trade in their kayaks for new models. Local enthusiasts also post boats for sale on the shop’s message board or website. You can inspect the boat and compare it with other models before you take the candidate out on a test paddle.
The shop staff will also be available to you, who are experts in the details and history of the boat. The shop’s pros will inspect any kayak before you sell it. The shop staff can also help you find the right accessories and gear for your boat and fishing needs. It is quite possible to take advanced used kayaks for sale of the right model at the best price.
Used kayaks for sale on the Neue website
A new kayak smells amazing. A new kayak’s fresh scent of clean plastic, shiny upholstery, and new accessories will make your heart beat faster. Kayaks are tough and durable. However, every trip will bring more scratches and looser operations. Parts and pieces also wear over time. There is no mystery as to the boat’s past life when you buy a new kayak.
Anglers often make the mistake of buying bargain kayaks as “starter boats.” However, a low-priced kayak can lead to disappointment in the quality and features. Instead, you should look for a low-priced kayak that meets your needs and serves as a safe, comfortable learning platform.
Fishing kayaks are available in a variety of models and packages, just like a new car. Many kayak companies offer two models: a premium model that offers more comfort and has better accessories and an economy model with fewer bells and whistles. You can save hundreds of dollars by adding your own accessories or even sacrificing some comfort. A pedal-powered kayak is a stable, reliable option that can be installed in the boat and runs smoothly. There are many options when it comes to purchasing a kayak. Just make sure you get one that meets your needs.
Trips interested person used kayaks for sale end test.
Are you looking for a place to purchase a fishing kayak? Here are some of the top places to buy new fishing kayaks.
Kayak Angler Buyers Guide
The Kayak Angler Buyer’s Guide is the best place to look for comparisons. The site will allow you to view specs, read reviews, and see photos of over 400 models from 40+ brands, including Old Town, Hobie, Sea Eagle, and Sea Eagle. To narrow down your search, filter between inflatable and rigid, sit on top, and sit-inside recreational and touring, solo or tandem, and many other options. You’ll also find more information about outfitting your kayak for the type and style of fishing that you prefer.
Once you find the kayak you want, you can order directly from the company. Your new kayak will then be delivered right to your home. You can also use this site to find a dealer near you so that you can try the boats before you buy.
Used kayaks for sale can be shipped to any US location. We recommend using a “private carrier” that specializes in transporting only kayaks, canoes, and shells for fiberglass composite kayaks. Each kayak is individually handled without the use of forklifts and is placed on its own rack instead of stacked on or below others. Private carriers are usually slower than regular trucking companies (aka “common carrier”) but the cost savings and special handling are well worth the extra time and end condition resources!
Kayaks for sale Local Retailer
A local paddle shop can be a great resource. It is a great way to get to know the boat and the accessories and to try them out before you buy. Many shops offer a demo day, where you can test drive the most popular boats. You can find bargains on premium boats and gear at your local paddle shop, along with expert advice about how to use them.
Local kayak shops often host meet-ups and events to provide customer service.
REI is a huge online and brick-and-mortar resource that offers premium brands and its own line of quality outdoor gear. Recreational Equipment Incorporated (REI), calls itself a co-op. Customers who sign up for (and pay) a membership program receive additional benefits such as free shipping, easy returns, and special deals.
REI offers expert advice and classes. Renting high-end equipment from REI is a great way to get started with kayak fishing.
Amazon’s online shopping site includes fishing equipment and kayaks. Amazon is the largest online retailer in the world and offers a wide range of boats and fishing gear at surprisingly low prices. Amazon’s offerings are restricted to the brands and models it promotes. The list of boats and other gear is extensive and varied, and the prices are very affordable. There are entry-level boats at Lifetime, Perception mid-range models, and expensive rides from Old Town.
Amazon offers an extensive network of customer reviews, expert articles, and videos about each product. Shipping is free for Prime members. Amazon offers free shipping and drop-off centers for returns.
- STABLE: The tunnel hull offers maximum stability for a secure and steady ride. It also makes it incredibly easy to get in and out of the kayak. Its wide and flat deck platform allows you to safely stand up to cast lines and reel in fish without tripping over your gear.
- COMFORTABLE: The ERGOBOOST seating system is one of our most comfortable fishing chairs. It's adjustable to allow a higher seating position and better angle of vision while also outfitted with a comfortable EVA seat pad and convenient under seat storage.
- PREMIUM FISHING FEATURES: This fishing kayak comes equipped with two 4" rigging tracks to set up your accessories. Bring all your essential fishing gear on board thanks to this kayak's multiple storage features, such as front and rear tank wells and two bottle holders. Additional premium features in this fishing kayak include three flush mount rod holders, and an anti-slip deck carpet. This kayak comes with two paddle/rod tie-downs for when you need to free your hands.
- SAFE: Our unique manufacturing process allows us to include additional flotation inside the hull of all of our sit-on-tops in order to meet or surpass ABYC standards. The CATCH MODE 110 holds a maximum weight capacity of 375 lb. The kayak's hull design also provides exceptional stability to ensure peace of mind during your ride.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Our kayaks are made of an exceptionally durable high molecular weight polyethylene, requiring less materials to be built. Weighing 63 lb, this kayak is lighter than our competitors and easy to transport. At 10 ft 8 in, you won’t need any help to load this kayak as you head to your preferred fishing spot.
- Comfortable: Paddle in comfort with the adjustable Ergolounge seating system. It provides extra-thick cushioning and an extra high and wide padded backrest.
- Fishing-ready: This kayak is perfect for storing all your essential gear. It has a front storage platform with a deck cover, a center console, and a tank well with a mesh deck cover. The Exopak removable storage compartment comes with 2 vertical rod holders, allowing you to pre-pack your gear at home. The kayak also has accessory eyelets, 2 flush-mount rod holders, adjustable footrests, a smartphone holder, and paddle/rod tie downs for convenience.
- Safe: Our unique manufacturing process allows us to include additional flotation inside the hull of our sit-on-tops to meet or surpass ABYC standards. Holds a maximum capacity of 275 lb. Don't worry, the added scupper holes at the bottom of the kayak are completely safe and help drain any excess water that might get into your watercraft. Along with a flat hull-type design, it ensures you peace of mind during your ride.
- Lightweight: Our kayaks being made with exceptionally durable high molecular density polyethylene, less material is needed to produce each boat. At 9'6" and weighing only 44 lb with molded-in side carrying handles, it's the perfect kayak for those looking for easy storage and transportation.
- Spacious: Storage in this kayak will ensure you have enough room to bring along all your essential gear. It includes a front storage platform and a tank well both equipped with bungee cords. Fishing enthusiasts will enjoy the addition of 4" rigging tracks to install your favorite accessories and 2 flush-mount rod holders.
- Constructed of uv-protected high-density Polyethylene. Multiple footrest positions for different size riders. Stable flat bottom
- Adjustable padded seat back and seat pad for comfort. Two flush mounted fishing rod holders. One top mount fishing rod Holder
- Front and rear shock cord straps. Two 6" storage compartments in rear and center. One paddlekeeper, one adult black paddle
- Front and rear t-handles for easy transport. Deep hull tracking channels
- Stability chine rails. Durable high-density Polyethylene (HDPE) construction
Last update on 2024-02-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Many anglers start kayak fishing in Walmart’s sporting goods section. Walmart.com is now the place to go for first-timers. Walmart stocks a wide range of kayaks and rigging to suit every level of kayak angler. After you have chosen a kayak, you can use the “Customers Also Purchased” feature to search for the best rod holders, paddles, and other gear to get out on the water.
Walmart has the best selection of kayaks and accessories for beginners, online or at your local store.
How much should I pay for a used kayak?
Unfortunately, there is no set price to set for a used kayak as every boat is different. However, a good rule of thumb is to expect to pay between 50% and 75% of the current price of a new kayak.
What size kayak does a 6-foot person need?
Tall people over 6 feet should try a 12-foot pleasure kayak or a 14-foot sea kayak. Depending on the cut and leg length, they can adjust the length from there.
What is the best length kayak for a beginner?
Many recreational kayaks for beginners are around 10 feet in length and are suitable for adults up to 6 feet tall. For those taller than 6 feet, a walking kayak about 12 feet in length will probably work better. Before buying, it can be helpful to check the kayak’s size by sitting in it.
Are there two-person kayaks?
Tandems can be used for two people, unlike most kayaks. This makes the experience more social. … However, tandem kayaks can be more stable and faster if the paddlers are skilled. This allows two paddlers to travel further than they could on their own.
What’s the difference between an ocean and a lake kayak?
Ocean kayaks can be used in rough waters while Lake kayaks can be used for calmer waters. To get the best experience you need to know the water bodies where you will be paddling and the type of paddling that you enjoy.
Our best posts: